Rancho Bernardo Republican Women
The purpose of this organization is to:
- Promote a wider knowledge of the principles and policies of the Republican Party.
- Encourage active citizenship.
- Foster loyalty to the Republican Party and to promote its principles and candidates.
- Cooperate with the Republican State and County Central Committees for the election of the Republican nominees.
- Promote an informed public through political education.
- Increase the effectiveness of Republican women in the cause of good government.
- Facilitate cooperation among Republican Women’s Clubs.
Founded in 1964, the Rancho Bernardo Republican Women was among the first organizations in Rancho Bernardo. Our membership consists of a diverse group of Republican women in Rancho Bernardo, Poway, 4S Ranch, Scripps Ranch, Sabre Springs, and Rancho Penasquitos.
Associate membership is open to any Republican man in the County of San Diego, or Republican woman (or man) residing out of the County of San Diego. We are a 527(n) tax-exempt political organization.
ABOUT OUR ACTIVITIES
Our political work includes supporting Republican candidate campaigns, walking precincts, voter registration, petitions, and attending local government council and board meetings. RBRW holds monthly meetings where our Programs Chair strives to find interesting and knowledgeable speakers to educate our members on important political and community issues. Our Ways and Means team raises money each month at our luncheons and hosts several social events a year, to help finance our many club projects. The Membership Chair(s) lead membership drives to recruit new members to our club and hosts new member education events. The RBRW award-winning newsletter is published each month featuring club activities, issues of interest, and legislative news.
Though we are primarily a political organization, our club is also active in community outreach and provides support to the military, first responders, charity organizations, and Young Republicans. We offer Charlotte Devlin scholarships to a local Continuation High School for students who need financial assistance to obtain their GED tests for graduation. The RBRW General Meeting & Luncheon is held on the third Friday of each month, except July and December. Guests are always welcome.